03 October 2009

Brr.


Went to the Missoula Art Museum this weekend with Carrie and Emily and saw this great exhibit by Scott Fife called Big Trouble - The Idaho Project.  Giant heads are made out of archival cardboard and fastened with sheet rock screws.  They are so incredible and depict the trial of "Big Bill" Haywood for the assassination of Governor Steunenberg in 1905.  I want to go back and look closer.


I love Emily's style, so I took a portrait of her in front of her favorite painting - it was her color.
I love Butterfly Herbs; it has some of the coolest things ever, like this little grasshopper pin.  It's about the length of a thimble.
This weather is getting to me.  I'd been hoping for and anticipating the crisp chilly air, but it transitioned to cold very quickly.  Despite constant wearing of wool and copious cups of tea, my bones are shivering.  Right now I'm sitting at my desk, watching the severe weather warning wind gusts ravage the big tree outside my window, wrapped in a fleece blanket, wearing a big cozy wool sweater that my Gramma knit, smartwool socks, wool clogs, under armor pants, a skirt, and a funny knit hat with earflaps from Buffalo Exchange.  And I'm cradling my huge mug of herbal earl grey in my hands to keep them warm.  Complain, complain.
This is from a couple of years ago, but oh my it never gets old:


What I would give to be able to play the trash can drums.  Or the accordion.  Or anything, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!