02 December 2009

here to risk your heart


I'm working on a research paper about the presence of the four elements in Louise Erdrich's collection of short stories that I highly recommend - The Red Convertible.
I stumbled upon this quote while perusing through different interviews, and after recently dwelling on life as fleeting, it really resonated as a reason to surge onward.
Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that. And living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on Earth. You are here to risk your heart.
From an NPR interview on 10/2/05

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I found this or where I am but I am so grateful to be here and read the Life will break you quote..thank you

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!