18 March 2010

do you see what i see?

Look, look, look!
Greeeeeeeeen!
  
I had been walking around wondering when Missoula was ever going to have any new life growing.  In October, when the leaves were still green here, we had some frigid temperatures, so everything just turned brown and stayed where it was.  It looks more like autumn right now because a lot of the leaves are still on the trees.  But finally, I've spotted the green.
  
I was thinking about how most change is something I resent, dread, avoid.  But the transition to Spring is a change that I anticipate for so long.  It certainly still throws me a little off guard, but it's good.  I get too sedentary and comfortable during the long cold months, I need some warmth and wind and green to get me back in gear.
  
I hope you're all finding bits of new life, both outdoors and within yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I am finding bits of new life as the weather changes and the days grow longer. It's a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! tons of new life, i just posted about some new flower blossoms in my yard...all in bright beautiful colors. i do believe spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am finding bits of new life all around me - and it's true that the new green and buds I see outside help awaken something inside of me. The birds are singing, and I can't wait to go for a long walk with my dog...

    xo,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!