22 May 2010

scenes from a saturday

This morning I took a morning walk through the sage and white flowers with a mug of peppermint tea.  I'm allergic to caffeine so peppermint is the biggest boost I can get in the morning.
My aunt, mother, and I went to the farmer's market and got blue eggs and green garlic.  I also bought myself a ginger lemon cookie that I ate with a mug of milk.
I walked the cousins down to the neighbor's farm so they could go horse back riding.  I'm not terribly fond of horses, so I befriended the lamb.
While downtown, we stopped at a vintage clothing boutique that's going out of business.  I got a gorgeous 50's dress that fits as if it was made just for me.  I also snagged a bowler hat... I'd been keeping my eye out for one ever since seeing Audrey Tautou in Coco Avant Chanel.  The balsam root are blooming so of course I had to stick one on my new hat.
For some reason I'm feeling a little under the weather so the rest of the evening will be spent curled up by the woodstove (it's been in the 40s the past couple days... brr...) with some cocoa.  I hope all of you lovely people are finding warmth and happiness on this wonderful Saturday.

Oh and P.S. I almost forgot... this video completely made my day, and I think the world might be a better place if everyone did this every morning.

15 comments:

  1. Sending a warm hug your way, dear. I hope you feel better soon. That video rocked - and that little lamb? Beautiful. All of it, really - except you being under the weather. I hope that lifts soon.

    And congratulations of being done with school, by the way!

    xo,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pictures
    and what a cute lamb

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great hat! and do feel better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fantastic Saturday! I'm also not very fond of horses--I'd much rather get to know the lambs, as well.

    Thanks for stopping by, love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, lovely day! I would be petting the little lamb, too, adorable! Love that hat, very chic on you. It is hot as heck here in the southern U.S., I am so jealous of your cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute little lamb. and its grey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these pictures! sounds like a great saturday!! i can't believe it's been in the 40's there!! i was in chicago over the weekend and it was 90!!!!

    love this video to! "i can do anything good"...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this sounds lovely! I'm trying to find a farmer's market around here. you just motivated me more! I love your blog!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice weekend! Beautiful pictures, I really like the second one and the mug that's in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that photo of the lamb! That sounds like an adventurous morning & day! Sad that the little shop was going out of business, but kudos on gaining some cool vintage pieces! Always makes me happy to get things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, tomorrow I begin my day on the sink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful pictures! i love hot tea. and sweet little lambies. looks like a lovely saturday! and howww great is that video?! it makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. umm. that video is awesome. and so is your dress :) and the lamb.. which actually kind of makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!