04 June 2010

big news!

Sorry it's been quiet here all week!
I've been interviewing for various jobs, and I am excited to announce that I have taken an offer!
I'll be working in Antarctica starting in August for almost 7 months.
So exciting, but now that has materialized, I'm a little terrified as well.
I'll be going down when it's still mostly dark, and only a small number of people are down there.  Not many people get to experience the winter, and I will be arriving just in time to see the sun climb a little higher in the sky every day.
Since I'll be deploying in less than two months, this space is probably going to change a bit.  I'll still be posting, and lots of pictures as always.  While I'm traveling and working down there, this space will also be for sharing my experience with my friends and family, so there might be much longer entries, but more sporadically posted.
Suddenly, all of the green things, that are still just blooming and sprouting here, are even more precious then before.  I hiked in the North Hills late in the evening last night, and sat in the grass, feeling so fortunate as the sun set.
Here's a pretty good video of what it will look like!
Since I'm packing up and heading out so soon, I'll be having some special things going on in the shop next week, exclusively for readers!  Stay tuned.

12 comments:

  1. Liz, that is AWESOME! Congratulations, I'm very jealous! I know you'll have an amazing time. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so amazing.....congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness!! That is huge news!!

    I'll be checking in for sure to see how life treats you in Antarctica. (I guess I don't know what your major was, but what will you be doing down there?) At any rate - congratulations!

    xoox,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - that's incredible! i have the same question. what will you do down there? other than try to survive? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, it's hard to imagine right now because it is sooo hot here. What will you be doing there? Anxious to hear. You are quite a gal! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, with a sound track like that one in the video...we all would like to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting news! What will you be doing during those 7 months in Antarctica?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness!! i am so so thrilled for you! what an amazing life adventure! i can't wait for long posts sharing all the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! That is so interesting, congrats!!! :) Looking forward to all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the news! I'm excited for you and hope you have a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Antartica!!! What great news!!! Can't wait to see all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh, liz. how exciting. can't wait to follow along.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!