14 August 2011

some pictures of some really yummy food

Since I'm leaving Montana in two days to start the week long journey to Antarctica, I thought I'd post a few pictures of some the delicious food I've been eating in preparation for seven months of expired, processed crap.  Don't get me wrong, I'll be in Antarctica, where having several choices in a cafeteria type setting is pretty luxurious, I suppose.  But still.  I miss good food more than anything else down there (except for my peoples, of course).
 
 grilled salmon, quinoa, and farmer's market salad

 balcony barbecue in seattle

 grilled salmon pizza with garlic scapes

 sushi in seattle

 breakfast pizza and a mama-made smoothie

 mangosteen

 absolutely, hands-down, one hundred percent to-die-for green chili made by kev

 sometimes an ice cream sandwich beats everything on a hot summer night

 green chili eggs benny (leftovers transformed into a bangin' breakfast)

and last, but not least, my friend emma recently introduced me to the pickles at jimmy john's.  
i am a huge proponent of pickled anythings, and alas in antarctica, there is only the occasional sweet gherkin.
pickles, i will miss you.

1 comment:

  1. ohman. no pickles?! i would die! haha. i love garlic scapes, aren't they the best? and how in the heck do you eat mangosteen? it sounds delicious, but i have no idea where to get it, or what to do with it when i do get it! good luck packing... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!