03 October 2011

my week's collection


My week's collection of skua: the tiniest bottle of Tabasco, a slide of snow covered mountains, a miniature shovel on baker's twine, a clothespin, a very small medallion, a metal cutout of pine trees, and a penis whistle.

Skua is the system in which we give/take items that are no longer wanted by one person, that another person might want.  A lot of people get excited about clothes and food they find in skua, but I always delight in the little, weird things... I mean, somebody took the time and packing space to bring things like this down.

Read more over at Weird Birds!

3 comments:

  1. that penis whistle is amazing! (...never thought i'd ever say that, ever...) seriously, who brings that as a necessity to antarctica?!? hahah. :)

    love that tree cutout, though...so pretty! put it in behind a candle-holder, and you'll get some mega-awesome wall-shadows....

    ReplyDelete
  2. am so in love with that baby shovel. love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I delight in the little weird things too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!