12 December 2011

South Pole!


How has it been over a month since I last posted anything?  It's been so busy here, with both of us doing a bit of traveling, getting new people situated on the crew, the big craft fair, and celebrating a year spent together.  All very exciting things, which I hope to post about in the coming days.
I got to visit the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station for five days in preparation for the centennial celebrations of Roald Amundsen's arrival at Pole.  I think it's as close as an earthling can get to being on a space station without actually leaving this planet.  K got to spend a week out at the WAIS Divide field camp at the same time.  Go read about these adventures at Weird Birds!

2 comments:

  1. HOLY SH*TBALLZ, lady. These are truly out of this world. Catching up here and floored by your adventures and devouring every picture, every amusing, absurd, marvelous anecdote.

    (Also: KILLER sunglasses. Has anyone ever looked so good so far south? I think not.)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!