03 February 2012

Antarctic Date Night: Dry Valleys Edition

Lake Hoare from Elizabeth Endicott on Vimeo.

So Kevin and I had the date night of a lifetime.  We had two days and one night at Lake Hoare, a camp in the McMurdo Dry Valleys.  We had to work for a few hours, but the rest of our time was spent outside, marveling in the incredible landscape.  I've never seen anything like it, and the 9 hour hike we took quickly rose to one of the best experiences of my life.  We slept in the Scott tent featured in the video, but what isn't shown is how the tent is nestled below the Canada Glacier.  I could go on and on about the stupendous beauty we reveled in, but for now, just check out the short video I made with clips from our trip.  Pictures soon!

4 comments:

  1. awesome!! i would LOVE to see a glacier up close + personal. siiigh. i can't wait to see pictures... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. little tiny tears! this is wonderful. - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ELIZABETH! I am finally catching up on your blog after not reading it for faaaaar too long! I agree with Allie! That was such a fantastic video! I cried a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ELIZABETH! I am finally catching up on your blog after not reading it for faaaaar too long! I agree with Allie! That was such a fantastic video! I cried a little bit.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!