02 March 2012

new zealand: counter tops

I didn't realize that I missed counter tops until I saw them in these lovely houses we've been renting in Kaikoura.  They create real still-life opportunities with the little collections of things that gather throughout the day.  It's little things like this that are absent in the Antarctic, and suddenly, being around them again, are wondrous as I rediscover them.
A few other things that have been magical this week (just to name a few): skipping stones, sleeping to the sound of rain, sipping hot chocolate by the woodstove, baking cookies, smelling and admiring countless different flowers, meeting/feeding/petting lots of neighborhood kitties, and I could (and probably will next time) go on and on and on.  It's quite the wondrous world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!