02 January 2013

2013


I am so thrilled 2013 is here.  2012 was kind of the pits for us.  Don't get me wrong, it provided some truly incredible experiences (Everest, India, New Zealand, Antarctica, Cornelia, etc...) but it was also the hardest year yet in a lot of ways.  The past few months have been quite the challenge, but I finally have a job, we have exciting plans formulating for the future, and we've been provided the fresh start of a new year.  New Year's Eve was spent over a Scrabble board, sipping a Coscto-sized bottle of champagne, discussing our lessons learned in 2012 and hopes for 2013. 

I thought I'd share my resolutions here, because they feel particularly important this year.
  1. Spend more time cultivating my passions.  Writing here is a good format of organizing those things, and I want to spend a lot more time here this year.  But I want to read more, write a lot more, take more pictures, make more, get more into pyrography, learn more about gardening... all those things.  I want to finally publish some stories, and perhaps corral some stories into a collection.  I want to keep pushing myself.  And this journal can hold me accountable.
  2. Get more cardio exercise.  We are moving all the time: I walk to work, bike for errands, we stroll every evening after dinner.  But I don't sweat that often, and I need to do that, to keep this body of mine on track.
  3. I get really socially anxious sometimes which makes me really shy, and I think might make me come off as bitchy or stuck up to some people.  I need to remember that people really aren't that scary.  I also need to keep putting myself in situations that make me nervous. 
  4. Volunteer at the local recycling program and animal shelter.
  5. Take time to grow together with K as well as individually.
What are your resolutions?  How did you spend the first of the year?  Happy 2013!

2 comments:

  1. loving your resolutions liz. wishing you the happiest new year and all the success with your list of personal adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great list and I love that photo above.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!